Sunday, February 27, 2011

Repentance

During a certain T4C, we were discussing the fall and we started talking 'bout how one should respond when they have sinned. We naturally arrived to the point of guilt. Should one feel guilty after sinning?

My answer is no. As a Christian, we naturally hate sin because GOD hates sin, but what happens when we sin? Yes, we should repent and run back to GOD. Yes, we feel bad BUT we shouldn't dwell on it because it is impossible for us to be brought back to repentance again. We all have sinful natures, but once we are saved, it is permanent. In Hebrews 6, it characterizes it as "crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

After we sin, we should go back to our Father, apologize and try to avoid sinning again. Every time I think of the crucifixion and how Jesus was crucified on the cross for no wrong doing, it brings me to tears. I could never bear to crucify Jesus again and subject him to humiliation. GOD, I'm saved and it's permanent. Thank you.

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment