As of now, I do know that many out there (particularly the students in TDSB and Peel) are thanking GOD because of the snow day just like me. GOD, I want to thank you for this opportunity to get some rest and to have more time to do devos! I'll head off to do them after I'm finished this blog.
Now glorifying and praising are two evidently different things. To praise is to proclaim an exemplary part of something and tell everyone how good it is. To glorify is to BRING praise, more specifically glory of course, to that something. I thought I'd clarify this first.
One day, all creation will live to glorify that one name. The name of Jesus CHRIST, the Son of GOD, CREATOR and GOD. I know that I listed a couple names, but if ALL creation is going to glorify it, would there not be a difference in language? Who cares 'bout the difference in language? That one name is still the same name whether it be said in Chinese, English or French. There's going to be a marvelous day where EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus CHRIST is LORD.
For an old catechism, "Man's chief end is to GLORIFY GOD and to enjoy Him forever." We were made to glorify GOD and to show how awesome He is. Our bodies are His temple and evidence of His spectacular design. What we say and do, whether it's something minor like arriving late for class, affects how we glorify GOD. If you arrive late for class, are you glorifying GOD? We need to glorify GOD and that's our ultimate goal. You may think that GOD created angels for this sole purpose, but the angels can only PRAISE GOD but not GLORIFY Him. We were made to GLORIFY, to reveal GOD's actions. Show how He is working through us. We have choices. The choices we make reveal what GOD has done in us.
Glorify the LORD your GOD, brothers and sisters.
AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment