To be thankful everyday is really starting to strike me. I'm beginning to see things that GOD has given me that I would normally take for granted. It makes me feel much more blessed and I can see the blessings that GOD provides me every day; ones that I don't even ask for.
As I neared the end of the day, I began to really start thinking 'bout what I would be thankful for today. What better place to think than in the shower? As I started thinking, I marveled at the water flowing all around me. As it can be inferred, water is the topic of my thankfulness for today.
I normally take fairly short showers, but, in other places of the world, people would kill for the chance to have access to the water I showered in for drinking and cooking purposes. I really thank GOD that He provides me with water every day even when it's raining and I have to walk to school. In the Bible, droughts caused famines and those were one of the worst punishments GOD had for His people when they turned away. Frankly put, no water = no food, and no food = nothing.
In another aspect, they way GOD designed water was so well thought out and so special. Water is the catalyst and supporter of life. It is a liquid at room temperature, is lighter as a solid, is polar and is a universal solvent. Without these properties, life wouldn't even exist. I'm honestly thankful for the great thought (well, GOD being omniscient wouldn't really have to think that hard, would He?) and design put into this essential of life. I'm thankful that I have access to such large reserves of water. Water at the tips of my fingers. Thank you, GOD.
---
I'm legitimately so stressed out right now. I have so much to do, so little time and I don't even know where to start. I know that GOD has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, but why do I still insist on taking things into my own hands? Is it not possible for me to tell myself not to worry? GOD, I trust in your abilities, I know you love me, but how come my body is still reacting to such high stress levels? I wish I could take a week off and just do nothing. Just settle and know that GOD is there, to listen and quiet down. Even march break is filled with TC and it's going to be loud and hectic, but GOD, I really want to hear your voice. It's that hunger and thirst that I have for you. GOD, I need strength to survive and I'm 'fraid I'm getting physically sick. GOD, I need you forever and always. Be my rock, guide, strength, deliverer, shield and the fire that drives me.
No comments:
Post a Comment