Sunday, February 6, 2011

Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours

This is such a simple, yet elegant prayer. And it has changed my life so much.

Every time I see injustice or the broken, the sick, the fatherless and the lonely, GOD breaks my heart. I find myself crying or tearing up much more often. LORD, there's just so much pain in the world and so much suffering. GOD, the things that happen in the world, I know it breaks your heart too.

This morning, I was listening to the radio in the car while heading to church and Ravi Zacharias (An awesome speaker) was talking 'bout this one guy, Damien (You can google it along with leprosy) and how he LITERALLY reached out and touched the lepers. He was eventually killed by leprosy, but he did what Jesus did on this earth and he did what GOD would've done. He lived among the sick and he ministered to them. He was literally GOD's hands and feet on this earth. GOD I want to give up all my selfishness and all my reservation and just give it up to you. Use me like you used Damien, GOD; give me the courage! LORD, I can feel the pain in this world and I know you've called me to love. To show the love that you've shown me to everyone else on this world. Use me to heal not just bodies, but to bring their hearts to the ultimate healer, YOU.

When I prayed "break my heart for what breaks yours," I didn't know it was such a powerful prayer, but it has hit me. And there's more to it...

Break it, LORD, 'cause I know you've fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment