---
Reading from Daniel 9.
Whenever I read prayers that have been recorded in the Bible, the first thought that occurs to me is the structure of the prayer. The reason for this is to learn how to pray as a Christian. If we observe GODly men during prayer and their format, I think there is much to gain. I've noticed that the general pattern comes along something like this.
1. Praise (Characteristics of GOD)
2. Admission of sin
3. Requests
4. Praise (Properties of GOD)
*Characteristics as in who He is and properties as to what He does.
"O LORD, we and our kings, our princes and our fathers are covered with shame because we have sinned against you." v.8
I have turned away from your commands and laws, I have not listened. Your cries for me to listen fell upon hardened and deafened ears. I was unfaithful and sought other things to replace you - I sought after idols and things of no worth. I gave up such a good thing for trash. Am I not foolish, GOD? Many times I have been rebuked, by the spirit and by others, but have I listened? No, I have not.
"Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of GOD, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you." v.11b
GOD, does your mercy not endure forever? I stand in shame and in awe but Father, your mercies never cease to amaze me. You could've destroyed me and crushed me like the insignificant creature I am but you chose to give me a second chance, and a third chance, and a fourth chance... The Law is the Law but you chose to have mercy on me, a sinner whom you loved before I even knew you. It's not that you negated the Law but that you sent your only Son to take the punishment for it and let me go. You sacrificed your son so I could go free.
---
I come with a humble plea, Father.
Listen to the prayers and petitions of your servant.
Look upon us with favour.
This an empty place; GOD-less.
Light of the world, would you burn in this darkness.
Let us see your glory.
Would you let your face shine on us?
No comments:
Post a Comment