Discipline is a major part of endurance just as marathon runners need to have discipline in their training. The more discipline we have, the better we can endure the race that is set before us. To be able to wake up early in the morning to pray, worship and meditate every single day is the discipline we strive for.
"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." -Psalm 5:3
At the end of our lives, all the hardships we endure for the sake of Jesus' name will be remembered when we reach heaven. It takes a lot to endure such things. The reason we can endure these things is because we have the hope of LIFE within us through Jesus Christ!
"We continually remember before our GOD and Father your work produced by faith, your labour prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ." -1 Thessalonians 1:3
One thing that I pray for is that I would have fought a long and hard battle at the end of my life, glorifying Christ with all that I am. I wish that I can say the words Paul said on his deathbed.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." -2 Timothy 4:7
Endure for there are greater things and there is hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment