Thursday, January 26, 2012

In pursuit of GOD and His love...

Well, I've decided to give up facebook for the time being since it's not glorifying GOD in any way shape or form and it's just eating up my time that I can use in pursuit of GOD and becoming even MORE of a man seeking after His own heart.

What good is it to waste hours upon hours just hitting refresh and seeing what's happenings in other's lives if the end goal of that is not to glorify GOD? Instead of liking posts or commenting, would it not be better to just keep them in your prayers?

I've recently decided to read the gospel of John as to learn even more about Jesus' life and also to learn about his ministry on this earth. He didn't CHOOSE to come himself but he was SENT with a mission from the Father. As I was reading through John, I got to the part where Jesus goes into the temple and flies into a righteous anger. At the conclusion of this passage, this verse appears:

"Zeal for your house consumes me."

This passage comes from both John 2:17 and Psalm 69:9. When Jesus says this in the temple, he quotes the psalmist. Originally when the psalmist writes this, he says this with the meaning to want to seek for GOD and to want to be in His presence forever. As Jesus quotes this, he has the same meaning and intent but a different action as he actually ACTS upon his zeal. His actions are to clean up the temple and to drive out the money mongers and the sellers of specific sacrifices. The important part is that they both seek for GOD's house and, in turn, His presence and His glory.

---

"Your love is deeper than any ocean higher,
Than the heavens reaches
Beyond the stars in the sky"
-Kutless, Jesus, LORD of heaven

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him." -Psalm 103:11

Every time I think of GOD's love, I revert back to this one analogy which I love...
In the Biblical times, the heavens were thought of as pretty high and pretty far. When GOD told His people that His love was that great, they realized how high the heavens were above the earth and that His love was just as great! Now, the most modern scientific idea is that the heavens (sky and space) are INFINITELY high above the earth! So what does this say about GOD's love? It not only tells us that His love for us is infinite but that He's all powerful and all knowing because it was in His plans and will that we'd discover the height of heavens! OH, HOW GREAT IS HIS LOVE FOR US!

No comments:

Post a Comment