Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Man of GOD

"But you, man of GOD, flee from all this, and pursue RIGHTEOUSNESS, GODLINESS, FAITH, LOVE, ENDURANCE and GENTLENESS."
-1 Timothy 6: 11

The next couple of days will be just man and GOD. Six days in the pursuit of being a MAN OF GOD. One characteristic per day to really discover what it means to seek GOD with all my heart and to know the wisdom GOD imparted upon Paul who then gave it to Timothy.

It's not going to be easy listening for there are so many distractions in this world. Therefore, self discipline will be required to not go on facebook, msn or skype. Just time between man and GOD to discover what it truly means to be of Him. I hope that in discovering these things will I NEVER EVER lose sight of Him again no matter what it means that I have to go through. I agree, troubles and sufferings aren't nice but in the end, GOD purifies us and refines us just like gold.

---

Break my heart for what breaks yours.

GOD, I prayed this and you totally wreck my image on the street two seconds later. Walking down the street like a loser with tears streaming down my face. Tears not of joy, but of hurt. Hurt for the children; the defenceless.

I picked up the paper this morning and on the front page was an article about children in Somalia who are fleeing their country due to famine and instability. They're starving and dehydrated. GOD, if you can make the world flood, can you not make it rain on a single child to keep him hydrated? If you can provide manna for thousands of Israelites, how can you not feed a single child? It's because WE'RE on this earth, Father. When Fulbert challenged me to give 100%, this is what it means, GOD. This is what it means. Yeah, I'm going to reconsider how much of my paycheck I'm giving up and the sacrifices it'll imply. Maybe I can go without food for a day just so a child can go with food for a MONTH. You love the children of the world and you ask of us to just give up WHAT WE DON'T NEED. This is just extra and I'm going to push it.

"We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?"

No comments:

Post a Comment