Friday, July 8, 2011

Faith.

Faith is believing and trusting in things that might not be observable at all times. When people ask you 'bout your religion, they might ask "Of which faith are you?" In that question, they're asking you what you believe in and what you put your trust in! Not to say that I don't have my struggles with faith at times but I find it funny how we as humans can lack faith in the GOD who created the universe and the GOD who resurrected Himself from the dead. To know these marvelous and miraculous things but not to be able to place our lives upon Him? Now doesn't that sound absurd?

When we lack faith in GOD, we sink just like Peter in the sea of Galilee. He started walking on the water towards Jesus but he got SCARED after a few steps. The key thing to take from this is that once you lose faith, you get scared. But what is there to fear if we have GOD?

"The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1

But take heart! This faith does not originate from you but it's given from GOD. The next time you feel like you're losing you're faith, ask GOD for more! I'm sure He's always willing to give more if only you ask. Faith is given to us so that no man may boast about the faith he has 'cause it's that important in a man of GOD. Faith is stronger in some because it's granted by GOD and not because of any of their own works! When we see a fellow believer struggling with their faith, we don't condemn them for their lack of faith but we should encourage them to ask the sole source of faith!

Personally, the hardest GOD has ever condemned me was when I read through Matthew. In two different incidents, Jesus has performed great miracles in front of his disciples and 'small' matters arise shortly afterwards. These two pieces of history are found in Matthew 8 and 14.

Matthew 8: 26 - "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?"
Matthew 14:31 - "You of little faith, why did you doubt me?"

GOD really hit me in the face with these two lines and I remember crying bitterly because of my lack of faith. At that time, I was both afraid and doubted the power of GOD even though it had so recently been evident in my life. What is there to be afraid of when we have faith that GOD will pull us through all things? Why would we CHOSE to doubt His plans when we have faith that GOD works together for good for those who love Him and work according to His purpose? It's impossible to doubt or be afraid when we have faith.

Jesus said that we can do great things, such as move mountains, when we have faith. And how much faith would we need to do such said things? Faith as small as a mustard seed.

"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you"" -Matthew 17:20

...mustard seeds are incredibly small.

---

Father, if I only need faith as small as a mustard seed to move mountains, give me more faith than that so I can move the world! GOD, give me faith and help me to never doubt or be afraid again 'cause I know you have everything in your hands! O giver of faith, impart just a bit on me! Bless me with more and more faith every day of my life so I can do greater and greater things for you so that your name will be lifted high!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment