To be GODly is to be devout and to be of GOD. For me, this is the broadest characteristic of a man of GOD. GOD is so many things and the one thing that speaks to me the most is to have a heart for GOD. To have a heart after His.
So how do you achieve GODliness? Let's put it this way, if one wanted to be more like a certain athlete, they would mimic all their training principles, equipment, styles and maybe even spend some time talking to them to learn their mentality. It's the same with GOD. We read His word and spend time listening and obeying. To be more like GOD, we HAVE TO read His word and meditate on it day and night.
GODliness is shown in both deeds and results. The results do tell the true story as it would be simple to fake GODliness. Many of the Pharisees did seemingly live GODly lives but Jesus called them a "brood of vipers"! The easiest way to tell whether a man is GODly or not is by his fruits of labour.
Essentially, to be GODly is to be of GOD, be like GOD and live like GOD when He was on this earth as Jesus Christ. As Paul puts it, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" -Philippians 1:21
If your living is Christ, then GODliness has been achieved as your life is one with GOD.
Father, I pray that as you make me a man after your own heart and a man of GOD, that you would fill me with your Spirit and breath in me once again. I want to be GODly and not to be of this world. I want to be of you and only of you! I want to follow your precepts and laws every single moment on your life and I want to meditate on them too! Let me follow you all of my days with all my heart, soul, strength and mind. I don't want to seek anything else I don't need anything else, GOD. Grant me full on GODLINESS.
No comments:
Post a Comment