Saturday, March 19, 2011

LOVE

Nothing can ever separate us from GOD's love and His love stretches as far as the earth to the heavens. How great is this love? Unmeasurable. Incomprehensible. Vast. Awe-inducing. Indescribable.

I don't understand how GOD could ever possibly love someone like me. I'm so insignificant and so flawed. BUT HE LOVES ME. To a human, loving something that doesn't even exist is such a strange notion. Do you love your future other half? No, 'cause you don't know them. You WILL love them, but right now, you don't. GOD has an unfair advantage in that He exists at every single moment, but He loved you before you were born and He will love you on your deathbed.

GOD's love is agape love. He willing sacrificed His son on the cross. It was an offering to atone for our sins; sins committed and yet to be committed. In the Bible, GOD's love is so great for us that He loves us like a father. Now compare that to sending his SON, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross. He LOVES LIKE A FATHER, and had to SACRIFICE HIS SON. That's how much He loves us. It's not about feeling that GOD loves you, it's about KNOWING that GOD loves you and showing it to the world.

My heart breaks for people who aren't loved. Whenever I reflect on my short life, there are always those people that I know remember that I didn't show GOD's love to. Imagine what life would be like if I did. How would these people be right now? I make it a point to not regret anything that I've done/not done, so I'm going to make change in my life. I'm going to love ALL. I feel the call to love the less fortunate. Those who are poor, dirty, despised and, ultimately, the fatherless. As a father's love is so great, how horrible would it be to not have a father's love? This just rips my heart out; it's so painful. GOD calls you to feed the hungry and to give them food. I feel the call to keep these people in my prayer 'cause I just feel that it's such a deep hurt that can't be healed by people, but BY GOD.

I've personally experience GOD's love and it's just the greatest thing. It's love unfailing and BIG LOVE. To know that someone who is omnipotent and who loves you is just so reassuring. Obviously He's going to have plans to prosper you and not to harm you. It's 'cause He LOVES you. I know I've said GOD loves you too many times, but I do it 'cause it's true and because there's no other way to express that phrase. It's not a feeling that He has for you, it's Himself - it's that sacrifice!

Y'know why this is all possible? 'Cause GOD is LOVE. His very nature is to love. He CAN'T NOT love. The time old question of whether or not GOD can create a boulder so large that He himself cannot move it should be replaced with whether or not GOD can not love. The answer is no, but only sin can get in the way of it.

GOD is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment