After all, the LORD's prayer is important, else it wouldn't be in the Bible. But if we examine it and actually meditate and think upon it, we can see that it's a powerful prayer.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
Oh GOD, OUR GOD! LORD you are in heaven and you are watching, we glorify your name on high! Hallowed means to honour as holy. We honour you oh GOD and we are reverent of your holiness.
Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
May your kingdom come, LORD. The day where there will be no crying or weeping, your perfect kingdom, THE kingdom of heaven. May your will also be done on this earth, may you dictate my life today and forevermore, having whatever you want to be fulfilled.
Give us today our daily bread,
Feed me spiritually, for I hunger for you and I need you. The same way I am about to eat breakfast, may you fill that hunger as I wake up in the morning.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
LORD, I'm human and I will fail, but forgive me! I also want to be like you and be as forgiving as you, especially even when you were on the cross. You forgave them, my LORD, help me to do the same. Also, help me to not be so quick to anger, but rather quick to love.
Lead us not into temptation,
Guard my eyes and my heart, give me clean hands. I am yours and yours alone, let no one take me from you.
But deliver us from the evil one.
Satan will surely attack, but help me through it with your word for it is sharper than a double edged sword!
For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory for ever and ever,
Who said worship and adoration can only come with music? This is a verbal version!
Amen.
Amen.
---
I've finally arrived at the part of Hosea where he begins to talk about GOD's great love. I've seen my own brokenness reflected in Israel and now GOD will show me how great His love really is. One thing that I really wondered while reading through this was how Hosea constantly changed between "I" as in GOD and referring to GOD as "GOD." Hosea is written by Hosea about the words GOD had said to him (see Hosea 1). I realized today that there are two possibilities.
1) GOD is frankly referring to His other parts of the trinity. Easy.
2) Hosea is SO close to GOD that He has become part of Him and GOD is just speaking through Him plainly. It's as if one day, GOD just spoke through you to you. "Hey, this is GOD speaking." Right out of your own mouth. I want to be as close as Hosea was and I wish I were that close today, but it's a growing process and I'm determined to get there.
Amen.
1) GOD is frankly referring to His other parts of the trinity. Easy.
2) Hosea is SO close to GOD that He has become part of Him and GOD is just speaking through Him plainly. It's as if one day, GOD just spoke through you to you. "Hey, this is GOD speaking." Right out of your own mouth. I want to be as close as Hosea was and I wish I were that close today, but it's a growing process and I'm determined to get there.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment