It's because of your love and how awesome you are that results in my blessings. I constantly find things to be thankful for, but today, I'm incredibly thankful for what you have given me and what you continue to drown me with.
Lately, I've been reading Hosea in the OT because I'd previously thought that I'd get a lot on GOD's love for the Israelites, seeing as Hosea married a prostitute to show this. Instead, GOD's teaching me a lesson again. Although I haven't finished the book yet, this is what I've learned so far.
1) Don't presume that you KNOW the Bible. Even if you know the Bible well and have an awesome background, one can never know the full extent of what GOD's saying 'cause He gives a new message each and every day.
2) Hosea starts with how the Israelites are treating GOD. They continuously turn away from Him and, like how Gomer [Hosea's prostitute of a wife] treated Hosea. She constantly left him for other men and, in the same way, the Israelites neglected GOD. Even through all this, GOD's weeping, but He still has to punish them. In this book, He lays out what's in store and how upset He is. We should remember that, as humans, we do sin, but we should repent and WANT to return and be at peace with Him. The Israelites didn't even give a thought at turning from their ways and that was why GOD was extremely upset. Essentially, return + restore or suffer the consequences.
O LORD, you are glorious in ALL of your ways. In the highs, you are SO glorious, but you are even more when you rescue us from the depths of our sin. Thank you so much for constantly reminding us to return for you, or even just reminding us that we are nothing without you. Thank you for the Son and, definitely, thank you for the cross. Help us not to forget that you ALWAYS want us back even when we have our backs turned.
No comments:
Post a Comment