At times in our faith, we're mediocre. We're lukewarm, not gaining ground, not moving up nor down, whatever you want to call it. It is said that if you're not moving closer to GOD, you're slipping down the slope.
Being mediocre gives us that sense of helplessness. The "why can't I do anything" and "why is everything just passing by" syndromes come from this. It makes life so pointless. Originally, I was going to write 'bout how being mediocre is okay sometimes, but GOD put a change of heart in me. I was going to say how mediocrity provides a contrast between the highs and the lows, but being mediocre is just plain ol' bad.
Even when you KNOW that you need to go back to GOD, you just don't feel the initiative to. You want to, but you don't want to do the work and part of you is lazy. It's such a struggle 'cause we're all human. I still haven't figured out a way to dig myself out of holes yet, but I hope to never have this struggle again, but I know I will. One day, I hope to find way to put myself back in the run, but I know that I will need the power of the Holy Spirit and that it's the only way. I try to do things by myself WAY too much and I know that I need to let GOD do it more often. As previously mentioned in my previous post The LORD's prayer, may YOUR will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Fight the mediocrity and let GOD work and move your heart so that you burn like a fire for Him.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment