Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Faith.

If only faith were as simple as just one 5 lettered word. If only faith didn't require me to trust with all my heart that everything's going to be alright. If only faith meant that I knew what was going on.

...then it wouldn't be faith.

As I'm sitting here blogging right now, I have a bio test to study for but that can wait. I have tyndale open on a tab and a scott mission job application open in another. I haven't gotten any university acceptances but I have this feeling that GOD just wants me to have some faith and apply for tyndale. When I do profess that I believe in His plans for me and to take this step of faith and openly declare that I am ready for service, only then will He give me other acceptances.

"Those who honour me I will honour, but those who despise me will be disdained" - 1 Samuel 2:30

I kinda feel like Abraham standing with a knife above Isaac, about to offer his only son because GOD said so. Just as he's about to stab, GOD tells Him to stop and provides with a ram. It's totally unbiblical but I just have a feeling that once I put GOD first, He'll give me what I've wanted for so long. BUT it's not what I will but what GOD wills.

As for a summer job, I know that it's partial punishment for my failure to give the first fruits of my crop to GOD. I don't remember who I was talking to, but they reminded me that the first fruits should ALWAYS go to GOD and not to my family or myself. For my first job, I failed miserably. I know I've been forgiven, but I still have to accept the punishment. I do pray for a job and one that is meaningful, something that I can help others with. I know working with scott mission (provided that it's GOD's will that they hire me) will take away from my time with friends and softball practices, but I do know that GOD can definitely use me there. I've applied for a couple of jobs already and in my desperation, I've forgotten to ask GOD what He wants.

It's not what I want, but what HE wants. It's not my will be done, but HIS. I don't know where I'm going, but I know you have plans to prosper me and not to harm me. I just need a little...

,,,FAITH.

1 comment:

  1. Faith requires some perserverence!Continue to trust that God has great things planned for your future.

    Giving the first fruit is important but I don't want you to think that God is punishing you- he adores you and although you not giving Him what He deserves saddens Him, He desires your best interest. Faith requires perserverence- trust in His plan no matter the outcome!

    ReplyDelete